Northwestern Mutual has earned its fourth consecutive perfect score on the Disability Equality Index (DEI), one of the most comprehensive national benchmarks for measuring disability inclusion in the workplace.
“Northwestern Mutual continues to take meaningful steps to strengthen its culture of inclusivity – one in which every employee feels celebrated and supported,” said Amy Hanneman, vice president of diversity and inclusion at Northwestern Mutual. “Receiving another perfect score on this year’s index validates our efforts and motivates us to continue striving for even greater equity and inclusion in the workplace.”
Administered by the American Association of People with Disabilities and Disability:IN, the DEI measures corporate disability inclusion practices and identifies opportunities for continued improvement.
Read next: Northwestern Mutual names new CIO
Northwestern Mutual’s perfect DEI score is one among many accolades for its diversity and inclusion efforts, including:
- Eight consecutive perfect scores on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index (2015-2022)
- Top 50 Company for Multicultural Women in Leadership (2021)
- Seremount’s Best Companies for Dads (2021)
- Military Friendly Award (2021)
- Seven employee resource groups (ERGs) ranked in the top 25 nationally by the Association of ERGs & Councils (2021)
- Diversity Best Practices Top 100 Companies for Diversity (2020)
- Patriot Award for employer support of the National Guard and Reserve (2017, 2019)